Pages

3.26.2013

Lemon Caper Tilapia with Quinoa



Fish paired with quinoa makes for a very fresh and light meal that is guaranteed to fill you up! Here all all the ingredients I used:

Ingredients:

Earthy Choice Quinoa $5.99/bag
Swanson Vegetable broth $3.85/box
Green Onions $0.79/bunch
Red Bell Pepper $2.50 for 1
Fresh Tilapia Fillets $8.99/lb (for 2 fillets I spend about $4)
Lemon $0.59
Capers $2.79
Garlic Clove $0.59/bunch
Earth Greens Romaine Mix $3.99
Italian Croutons $1.79
(Choose a dressing of your choice)

Total: $31.87 and depending on how many Tilapia filets you get, this meal will
serve 2 or 4. We had plenty of quinoa left over!

How to Prepare:

Quinoa: Put 2 cups of vegetable broth and 1 cup of quinoa into a sauce pan, bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. I use the vegetable broth because I like all the flavor it adds, but you could use any broth or water if you choose. I diced the green onion and 1/2 a red pepper to add colors and a few more nutrients to the quinoa. Again, you can add any vegetable you like! Add the vegetables once the quinoa is about 2 minutes from being done. This I just turned off the heat and covered the pot and let all the good stuff marinate together while I cooked the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment