Pages

4.02.2013

Syrup Glazed Smoked Sausage


I have to start this entry out by giving all these props to Paula Dean! I did make this dish my own way, but she definitely gave me the inspiration!

Ingredients:

Jenni-O Turkey Sausage- Ring Smoked Lean $3.29
Mrs. Butterworth's Maple Syrup $3.89
(You can use any kind of smoked sausage and syrup you like)

Total: $7.18

Jason and I only used half the sausage and half a cup syrup, but if you prepared the whole syrup ring and used 1 cup of syrup if would easily feed 4/5 people...so I am rounding this dish to $1.80 a person.


To Make:

Cut sausage at a slant to give it the "Paula D" look while you are heating the pan over medium heat. Let the sausage brown just for a minute or two and then pour the syrup right over top! After about 5 minutes I flipped the sausage over and let it cook for a few more minutes. The syrup becomes VERY sticky and gooey--but I promise it is not a nightmare to clean. Once the sausage is browned to your liking, plate and serve immediately! Tell me this is not the best, finger lickin' smoked sausage you've ever had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment